The Wilma M. Sherrill Center is a multipurpose building, much like most other buildings on campus. It is designed to provide a venue for a wide range of activities, from classes, research and workouts to concerts, health fairs and basketball games.
In addition to housing the academic programs of the Department of Health and Wellness, the building is the home of the N.C. Center for Health & Wellness, a statewide hub for the promotion of healthy living through the prevention of disease. The Sherril Center houses the 3,000-seet Kimmel Arena, which is the home court for UNC Asheville’s men’s and women’s basketball teams, campus ceremonies, conventions and live perfomances.
- Kimmel Arena
- Ticket Kiosk
- Athletic Offices for Mens and Womens Basketball
- Fitness Room with free weights and stationary machines
- Locker Rooms
- Dance/Yoga Studio
- Mountainview Reception Room
- N.C. Center for Health & Wellness
- Academic Health and Wellness Department
- Classrooms and Labs
- Wellness Café
- Dance/Movement Studio
- Teaching Kitchen
- The main entrance into the Sherrill Center is off of Campus Drive and is accessible with a power-assisted door.
- The third floor entrance into the Sherrill Center that leads to the Academic Health and Wellness Department is accessible with a power-assisted door.
- The main entrance into Kimmel Arena has an automatic door.
- The elevator is accessible from the main entrance into the Sherrill Center and accesses all three floors of the building.
The accessible parking for the Sherrill Center and Kimmel Arena is in parking deck P9 off of Campus Drive.
All restrooms in the Sherrill Center and Kimmel Arena are accessible.