- All entrances into Karpen Hall are accessible
- The main quad level entrance has an automatic door.
- The main ground floor entrance leading from parking lot P16 is accessible with an automatic door.
- From the main quad level entrance the elevator is down the right hallway next to the stairwell.
The closest accessible parking is in lot P17 and lot P16 behind the building.
- All restrooms in Karpen Hall are accessible.
- The first floor has two single all gender accessible restrooms next to the Laurel Forum.
Constructed in 1990, Karpen Hall was named in honor of Morris and Leah Karpen, prominent community leaders and major contributors to the university. Morris was the founder of Karpen Steel, a high-quality door and frame manufacturer. Leah was the first graduate of UNC Asheville’s Master of the Liberal Arts program.